Art is something to be experienced, to connect with, and consume yourself in. As an artist, one of the highlights of this being my career is showing people my work, discussing it with them, and getting feedback. All of those things I mentioned, happen mostly in person. With all of my art shows being canceled for the foreseeable future and with the nature of the economy, things are a lot different.
If you like to support art and artists and aren’t quite sure how to do that in the current climate, below are a few suggestions. Things you can do to show your support with little expense and minimal effort. To the artist though, these things keep them going and keep them supported.
- Share my posts on social media. If you are not currently following me, now would be a great time!
- Tag someone on social media that you think would enjoy my work
- Send a friend to my website or social media
- Like my posts, comment and engage. This allows more people to see my work
- Make a small purchase
- Send me suggestions of something cool you have seen or a location that you think would be great for my series
- Join my email list and be sure to open and read the emails
- Let me know of other artists doing something you like, so I can support them too and be inspired
- Send me a message just to say hi and let me know what you are up to
- And most important! Once events are back, come out and see me
Stay safe, stay home and let’s get passed all of this, so we can share art in person.